UNISON has been informed that the cover on the staff support desk has been reduced to save money – and since then, we have seen increased numbers of staff getting in touch about late finishes and the lack of support.
The Trust committed to moving the incremental pilot over late finishes forwards and set out in writing the move to IX zero, which would have incorporated more crews. This commitment appears to have stalled.
Please can you fill in this survey to help us to challenge the Trust and act on your feedback:
A complete update of the journey so far around late finishes/meal breaks is being published in our next newsletter.
UNISON Branch Secretary
Last year MIND undertook a national survey of the emergency services to gauge awareness of mental health issues, wellbeing, and to enable MIND to plan support. Continue reading
UNISON and MIND have produced a guide for anyone working in emergency services, or for anyone who wants to find out how they can support someone with a mental health problem.
UNISON’s May Branch Newsletter is out now, featuring:
It’s dangerous to go Solo,
Become a Blue Light Champion – join the growing number of staff offering peer to peer support,
Patient Transport Services – a report into privatisation,
Late finishes and rest periods,
UNISON launches ‘Mental Health matters,’
FOCUS on retention,
Branch contact details,
Holiday pay update and much more!
You can read it online here: https://putbacktheheart.com/unison-newsletter/
This week is Mental Health Awareness week, so please consider signing up to become a Blue Light Champion in our Trust. Continue reading
This months edition includes…
- Outcome for ECAs over pay parity with AAPs, following UNISONs collective grievance
- Become a MIND Blue Light Champion and help support your colleagues
- Stop Suicide training workshops (free places still available)
- NEWS from the Public Board meeting…
- Media from around the Trust
- Branch Committee promises to do ‘everything we can’ to protect band 6 progression for our Students and Graduates
- ‘Blues and Twos’ H&S advice
- Clinical Variations in practise
- Join UNISON EEAST at Pride
- EOC update
- Contact details for all Branch Officers and much more…